Adoptions by appointment.
Call (419) 294-4477 to schedule!
(Appointment times are Mon-Thurs 12-4PM & Sat 11-2.)
Adoptable pets are on PetFinder.com!
Adoptable Equines are on Facebook.com/WyandotCountyEquineRescue!
Pet Adoption Procedures
Equine Rescue adoption procedures are different.
See WCER's Facebook page for more info.
WCHS animals are available for adoption to approved, screened homes, subject to the following basic rules. (Rules do not apply to Equine Rescue adoptions.):
- Animals must be kept as inside family pets only.
- Adopted cats are never to be permitted outside.
- Adopted dogs are permitted outside only on a leash or within a secure, fenced enclosure (not invisible fencing), and then only for short periods of time; adopted dogs are never permitted to be outside when no one is at home.
- Any animal adopted from WCHS remains the property of WCHS for life — if the adopter cannot keep it for any reason, it must be returned to WCHS.
- Other rules may be applied as circumstances warrant. Come in and review our placement guidelines for more information.
No adopted animal ever leaves the shelter on the day that it is adopted. Anyone interested in adopting must schedule an appointment, complete a pre-adoption questionnaire, then execute our legally binding adoption contract. Once the adopted animal has been spayed/neutered and the WCHS Board of Directors has approved the adoption, the animal will be released to its new home (this can take up to 1 week).
Adoption fees are $75 for dogs and $55 for cats — this covers a portion of the cost of having the animal spayed or neutered, up-to-date on all its shots, and for dogs, tested for heartworms and started on heartworm preventative. Cats and dogs are also microchipped.
Please see PetFinder for available animals. The animals listed are only a small portion of the animals in our care. We try to post as many as possible, however the time it takes to list the animals takes away from our time actually caring for them. As always, the best way to see our adoptable animals is to call and schedule an appointment to visit with them in person.
Call WCHS at (419) 294-4477 for more info!